- John Edward Burton, Sr. and partners open J. E. Burton Construction Company. The company concentrates on building supply sales, residential and light commercial construction.
- Constructs first consolidated public High School in Halifax County, VA.
- Refocuses on commercial, industrial and institutional construction and grows reach throughout southern Virginia and central North Carolina.
- Focuses on textile and wood manufacturing industry. Competes successfully for new school projects throughout Virginia, establishing long-term clients that continue into today.
- John “Johnny” Burton, Jr. becomes the second generation President.
- Constructs first food processing facility in Southside Virginia.
- Continues serving southern Virginia & central North Carolina clients involved in: Hospital/Healthcare, Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional (Schools, Religious & Public)
- Adapts to manufacturing and healthcare explosion.
- Continues support for changes in healthcare technology.
- Focuses on industrial technology.
- Adopts new project delivery methods including Design/Build services.
- Enters Technology Market and is selected to construct Riverstone One.
- Completes first LEED registered project in Southside Virginia at the H.E.F. Innovation Center (American Tobacco Warehouse).